Current legislation requires that every entoertainment agency in the UK must publish its Terms of Business. It is illegal to offer to arrange the services of entertainers without first making clients aware of their terms.
The following terms should be read prior to making any booking with Hot Pepper Entertainments. The term "client/booker" refers to the person/venue making the booking. The term "artist/act" refers to the entertainer that is booked by the client/booker. The Term "Hot Pepper Entertainments" refers to the booking agency and any individuals associated with it.
1. The client understands that the artist/act supplied by Hot Pepper entertainments is not employed by them and as such all agreements made are between the artist/act and the client. Hot Pepper entertainments and any individuals associated with Hot Pepper entertainments are not liable for issues or disputes of any description including tax issues or bills, financial disputes, legal disputes or other issues that may arise from any booking made through the agency.
2. All booking fees owed to Hot Pepper entertainments must be paid in advance by the client. The client agrees that booking fees and deposits are non refundable if the event is postponed or cancelled by them for any reason or for any other dispute that may arise following the booking. Any and all outstanding balances are to be paid directly to the artist/act as required by them unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
3. The client agrees that there will be a period of no longer than 60 minutes between sets unless otherwise agreed by the artist/act. A longer period may be agreed upon with the artist/act and any additional fees that may be required for extended attendance periods or performances are to be negotiated directly between the client and the artist/act.
4. The client agrees to provide the artist/act attending the event light refreshments (soft drinks) throughout the period of attendance at no cost. Where the artist/act is at the venue for a period greater than 5 hours, the client agrees to provide food at no cost. Where appropriate, the client shall provide a secure area where the artist/act may change clothing for the event performances.
5. The artist/act shall provide their own equipment (unless otherwise stated by the client) which shall be of a high standard and is well maintained and PAT tested. However no liability can be accepted by Hot Pepper entertainments for any unforeseen failure of any equipment, failure of electrical supply or for any problems arising from the equipment that is used by the artist/act. Nor will Hot Pepper entertainments or persons associated with Hot Pepper Entertainments be liable for any damages, financial losses or injury to persons caused due to the equipment (electrical or otherwise) supplied by the artist/act.
6. The client/venue must provide an electrical supply meeting, or exceeding British Standards where electrical equipment is to be used as part of a performance. The client is responsible for ensuring that a safe and adequate performance space is available for the artist/act and failure to provide this may result in the artist/act being unable to proceed with the performance. Failure to perform due to electrical, safety or space issues will result in the client being responsible for full payment of any outstanding monies to the artist/act.
7. The artist/act will endeavour to arrive in good time to set up any equipment and start the performances at the time agreed by the client. However, no liability can be accepted by Hot Pepper entertainments for any circumstances where the artist/act is delayed or fails to attend due to unforeseen circumstances.
8. The client will ensure that a parking space for loading/unloading will be provided for the artist/acts vehicle for a period no less than 20 minutes without risk of a parking fine.
9. In the unlikely event that the artist/act are unable to attend the event due to illness or physical disability, Hot Pepper entertainments will endeavour to provide a replacement act of the same quality at no additional cost unless the client requests a specific artist/act that charges a higher rate than the original artist/act. Hot Pepper will repay the client any booking fees received in the event of the artist/act failing to attend the event unless another artist/act is provided as a replacement. Any additional funds that may have been paid by the client directly to the non attending act/artist must be repaid by said act/artist directly to the client.
10. It is the responsibility of the artist/act to notify the client/venue and Hot Pepper Entertainments of any delay in attending or for any reason for non attendance as soon as possible. Hot Pepper Entertainments cannot accept any liability for delays or non attendance of the act/artist.
11. The client agrees to pay a cancellation fee to the artist/act in the event that a booking is cancelled. If the client wishes to cancel the booking, they agree to be bound by the following scale of charges payable no later than 14 days after the date of the cancellation notice (unless otherwise agreed upon by the act/artist prior to the booking):
0 - 30 days (100%) 31 - 60 days (75%) 61 - 90 days (50%)
Beyond the booking fee, all financial matters remain with the artist/act and the client and as such, Hot pepper Entertainments are not liable for loss of earnings or any expenses that the artist/act may incur due to cancellations. The act/artist agrees that Hot Pepper Entertainments and any individual associated with Hot Pepper Entertainments are not liable for any cancellation fees if bookings are cancelled for any reason. Hot Pepper Entertainments will forward onto the act/artist any notice of cancellation in writing. It is the responsibility of the act/artist to release any dates booked whereby the client has cancelled by providing a written request to do so and where such notice of cancellation has been passed on to the act/artist. Where Hot Pepper Entertainments are the booker, the artist/act agrees that the above scale of charges do not apply and if available, another date may be offered to the artist/act. Please note that all cancellations must be received by Hot Pepper Entertainments in writing without exception. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted.
12. Hot Pepper Entertainments will charge a booking fee (which shall be equivalent to no less than £15). Booking fees are non refundable unless the booking is cancelled by the artist/act and no suitable replacement is found.
13. The client/booker and the artist/act agree that the artist/act that is booked will not perform for the client/booker following this booking for a period of no less than twelve months unless the artist/act is booked through Hot Pepper entertainments. The twelve month period will commence from the date of the last performance booked. It is the responsibility of the act/artist to direct the client to Hot Pepper Entertainments should they wish to re book within the contractual period. A fee of 15% of the earnings paid to the act/artist will be charged to the artist/act if this term is not adhered to.
14. The client understands that the artist/act is responsible for providing their own public liability insurance, PAT certificates and any other legally required documentation. It is the responsibility of the client to ask for proof of any such documentation. The client acknowledges that Hot Pepper entertainments are not responsible for any such documentation that the artist/act are required to provide and that Hot Pepper entertainments are not liable for non provision of any such requirements.
15. The artist/act agrees that any personal promotional material, POS, contact details or advertising of any kind will not be displayed or offered to any client, member of public or venue staff whatsoever. Failure to abide by this will result in the immediate removal of said act/artist from Hot Pepper Entertainments register and all future bookings will be offered to an alternative act/artist.
16. All confirmed bookings (written or verbal) stipulates that the client/booker and the artist/act agrees to these terms and conditions and as such is legally bound by them. It is the responsibility of the client/booker and of the artist/act to ensure that all information given on the booking form is correct at the time of signing. No responsibility can be accepted by Hot Pepper Entertainments or any member associated with the agency for any incorrect information that leads to cancellation and no liability or losses incurred due to incorrect information or details can be accepted by the agency once the booking contract is signed.
17. Force Majeure. In the event of the Performance having to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of either the client or Hot Pepper Entertainments, then neither party will have responsibility to the other for any loss suffered thereby. For the avoidance of doubt no fee will be payable by either party in respect of performances cancelled by force majeure.